In less than two months, it’s time and the ball will be rolling in Qatar for the 2022 World Cup. When the equipment of the German national team for the tournament is already known, the supplier Nike has now also presented the jerseys for the World Cup.
However, there were no big surprises. The French remain in their usual dark blue, only this time wearing a particularly simple variant. Elftal also have their home shirt in traditional orange, but this time it doesn’t seem to be too bright orange.
World Cup 2022: World Cup facts about the German national team
- Group: Group E
- Group opponents: Japan, Spain, Costa Rica
- Coach: Hansi Flick
- Captain: Manuel Neuer
- Participation in the World Cup: 19
- World Championships: 4 (1954, 1974, 1990, 2014)
- Latest World Cup ranking: Preliminary Series (2018)
- World Cup record: 67 wins, 20 draws, 22 losses
- World Cup record scorer: Miroslav Klose (16 World Cup goals)
- World Cup record player: Lothar Matthäus (25 World Cup games)
The USA crest now adorns the center just below the collar and the Croatian kit looks unusual at first as the famous checkered pattern does not cover the entire surface of the shirt. We have compiled an overview of all jerseys seen in the World Cup from our photo gallery.
2022 World Cup series to click:
More about the authors at skysport.de
All other important news from the sports world can be found in the News Update.